A blog created as a forum for me to rant, rave and entertain. I'm a college student who is finally breaking away from livejournal! Comments and support are welcome. :)

Friday, July 20, 2007

Eating: Bean and Cheese Nachos
Drinking: Water .Listening to: Buffy is on downstairs
Thinking: That 12:01 can not come soon enough
Feeling: Exhausted but at the same time really excited

Ok.
So this is the plan.
I am packing/eating dinner/watching Buffy right now. After packing is finished, I'm driving over to Timonium to partake in the Harry Potter Festivities! This morning I woke up at 8:15 (after going to sleep at three AM, yes, we are brilliant) and waited in line to get a wrist band. The way it works is they give out these wrist bands all day. If you get orange (the first color) you are one of 150 people who get to purchase their books first.

Guess who got a orange wristband?

So yeah. After I get my book and drive home, I am hopefully going to sleep. I say hopefully because I might be too tempted and read the book tonight. I really hope that doesn't happen because I have to get up at 5:30 tomorrow to go to the airport.

I am going on a service trip in South Dakota for a week. You probably won't hear from me until next Sunday, but lots of pictures and stories will ensue. I 've been going on this particular trip for four years (this is my fifth), but this one is special for a couple of reasons. (LIST TIME!)

Reasons Why This Particular Week of Hou Kola Summer Camp is Special
1. We are staying in an air conditioned building. And no one has to sleep outside.
2. We aren't cooking our own meals. We were going to but arrangements were switched around, and now we don't have a kitchen to cook in. We get to eat at a local diner every night.
3. We are all going to my grandmother's house for dinner on Tuesday. I love my grandma and she cooks the best food ever so pretty much, I am unbelievably excited.
4. I am going with Laura, one of my favorite people ever. We were separated last year and that was horrible. Never again!
5. Becky is leading the camp. She has a much more laid back style and our personalities mesh really well.

There are so many other reasons and honestly, overall this has always been the highlight of my summer.

I have more but I'll talk later. Back to packing!

No comments: